The Red Bikini Lady....

Body for Life Champion and Liftime Achievement Award Winner, Michelle Lee. "page-a-day" memoir of the steps I took during a journey to my first Body Building and Figure Competition and beyond. (c)2008 all rights reserved by blog author

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

I'm at an age when many women believe their best years are behind them. I hope to convince my "Sisters" that many more of those "best years" are waitng to be lived! I'm living proof it is never to late to live them. Not to long ago I weighed nearly 200 pounds and was being treated for a long list of obesity related medical problems. Thankfully there came a point in my life when I decided to keep my self promises. When I did...my life opened to a world of possibilities.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Personal crises....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...We all face them.
Are you mourning a death in the family? Are you struggling in a relationship, personal illness, loss of a job or a beloved pet?

Most of us will face one or more of these hurdles and depending how we handle them can make the difference between success and failure in this exciting lifestyle program,called Body for Life.

During my BFL Challenges I faced many personal crises. I won't list them...but rest assured they were real and they nearly derailed my on going efforts to gain and maintain optimum mental, physical and spiritual health.

In the olden days the tinest problem would have lead me to overeat and withdraw into myself. Any positive gains made would be lost and I would soon be spinning my wheels, stuck in the town of Selfpity.

Today I work hard to remain a member of a new community, one of self reliance and self empowerment...support and fellowship. That worldwide community is called Body for Life.
As with any successful community, residency requires we embrace cetain responsibilities to ensure a strong and healthy atmosphere for all.

They include but are not limited to the following:
--working hard to be the best we can be.
--focusing on being an optimist.
--supporting others who are working toward their goals.
--offering a hand to those who are struggling with this personal crises.
--leading by example.

If you are struggling thru a major loss today I am sorry you are feeling pain. But don't let that pain erace the hard work you have put in to feel the joys of life.

Rather than grab that bag of chips, that slice or two of cake...or the tub of fat laden ice cream...count to ten.
Review your goals and move forward.

Reach out to others for support. Treat yourself with dignity. Take care of your personal needs. Find the beauty in the moment. String those moments together until you have an hour...turn those hours into a day.

When this day has passed...repeat the process until you have 84 days of success.

Don't sit and and spin in that town of Selfpity. I tried it...it nearly killed me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Just a lonely girl said...

Hi Michelle! It's great to see you again! I've been in here almost every day checking for something new. :-D
Your posts are always very inspiring. It's incredible to see how far you've come.
You look absolutely amazing and I highly doubt that anybody will be thinking about your age when you climb up on that stage!!
Good luck in the competition!! You will be wonderful!

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home