The Red Bikini Lady....

Body for Life Champion and Liftime Achievement Award Winner, Michelle Lee. "page-a-day" memoir of the steps I took during a journey to my first Body Building and Figure Competition and beyond. (c)2008 all rights reserved by blog author

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

I'm at an age when many women believe their best years are behind them. I hope to convince my "Sisters" that many more of those "best years" are waitng to be lived! I'm living proof it is never to late to live them. Not to long ago I weighed nearly 200 pounds and was being treated for a long list of obesity related medical problems. Thankfully there came a point in my life when I decided to keep my self promises. When I did...my life opened to a world of possibilities.

Friday, March 28, 2008

The journey continues.

Every day presents new challenges that threaten to knock us off the path in our journey to health and fitness.
Today, was such a day.

Our little dog, Snowflake was struck by a truck in front of our home. He was in the yard with my husband and in a blink of an eye...the little guy decided he needed to run in front of the Meter reader.
The MR felt terrible.
Our Snowflake was in great pain.
We made a mad dash to the vet.

The news isn't great. A complete hip fracture with possible nerve involvement.
The next 24 hours will determine the future.
Devistating news like this used to send to on an eating binge to bury my feelings. So far so good.

Tonight I am keeping my wits and praying to my higher power to give me continuing strength to remain on my personal journey of growth and maturity.
Food can not erace how I feel.
Food will simply add pain.

Even though I am feeling sad and a bit guilty that we may have somehow played a role in today's accident...I will get through this and will be stonger as a result.
Tomorrow we will face the news of what is to come for little Frosty and tomorrow I will maintain my eating and exercise program.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home