The Red Bikini Lady....

Body for Life Champion and Liftime Achievement Award Winner, Michelle Lee. "page-a-day" memoir of the steps I took during a journey to my first Body Building and Figure Competition and beyond. (c)2008 all rights reserved by blog author

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

I'm at an age when many women believe their best years are behind them. I hope to convince my "Sisters" that many more of those "best years" are waitng to be lived! I'm living proof it is never to late to live them. Not to long ago I weighed nearly 200 pounds and was being treated for a long list of obesity related medical problems. Thankfully there came a point in my life when I decided to keep my self promises. When I did...my life opened to a world of possibilities.

Friday, May 19, 2006

WHAT is your excuse?

Earlier this week a double amputee reached the summit of Mount EVEREST.

New Zealander, 47 year old Mark Inglis, reached his goal late Monday. If you are wondering he climbed 19,700 feet to reach the summit of the world's tallest mountain.

Several years ago--that was the dream of another double amputee, Ed Homer of Northern Minnesota. Unfortunately Ed (who was a hero to many here in Minnesota) lost his life while training to reach his dream.

Today I can't help but think about these men...who against the odds were determined to do what so many people can't or won't...overcome their "handicaps."

What is your dream? What is holding you back from making it a reality?

I heard on the radio the other night that Mark had trouble during his climb...one of his artificial legs broke. Did that stop him? No. According a BBC reporter, Mark took a roll of "sticky tape" and repaired his leg and kept climbing.

When faced with diversity--Mark reached higher.
Mark lost his legs to frost bite during a storm attempting climb another mountain back in the 80's. Ed, who had been a pilot...lost his in a plane crash. When lesser men would have given up...Ed didn't. He knew the dangers of pushing himself to the limits but he couldn't do less.

Lesser folks might have given up. These guys didn't.

Today I can't help think that 12-weeks of Body for Life represents "Mount Everest" to many of us...determined to improve our mental, spiritual and physical wellbeing. If diversity strikes, remember these guys and try to draw inspiration from them. I know I sure will.

Have a great BFL Weekend. Eat clean, train hard...and remember your "sticky tape."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home